I'm hearing through the grapevine that Randy Shannon fired Defensive Coordinator Tim Walton this morning. I've been focusing on Basketball today and my soccer work with another website/radio network but I'll see if any of my sources can confirm or deny this report.
UPDATE 7:55 AM TUESDAY: NOBODY WOULD CONFIRM OR DENY THIS REPORT LAST NIGHT BUT THIS MORNING SHANDEL RICHARDSON REPORTED IN THE PRINT EDITION OF THE SUN SENTINEL THAT TIM WALTON HAS IN FACT BEEN FIRED
Monday, December 17, 2007
RUMOR: Tim Walton Fired
Labels:
Miami Football
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I said Shannon's future would be determined by what he did with Walton. If he kept him, he'd wind up fired. If he replaced him with a DC with a proven track record of success at some level of college football, then he could be a VERY successful HC here for a long time. Today was a good day if these rumors which by the way you picked up very late are indeed true.
Numerous fans wanted P. Nix to be gone, but my issue was more with Walton. I am surprised that a change was made, but I have no issues with it. Shandel, as U brought out adjustments were few and far between. We never could get a stop when we really needed it. Hopefully, with all the coaching changes there will be some very good D. Coordinators looking 4 work. If John Tenuda does not go to LSU with Miles he would be a great choice (it would be ironic, we would have Georgia Techs. Coordinators from 2006). I think coach Shannon took this long, because he has someone waiting in the wings. Hopefully whoever it is is also a great recruiter. Does anyone think that this change in coordinator may have any of our defensive verbals change their minds?
Hire Jon Tenuta!!!! This guy has owned The U the last couple of games.
Post a Comment