Thursday, February 07, 2008

Checking In From Houston

I'm operating on very little sleep this morning in Houston. I got about 4 hours sleep Tuesday night after analyzing Super Tuesday election returns for a Jacksonville talk radio station and last night didn't leave the press box at Reliant Stadium until 12:30am local time (1:30 am ET) following the epic US-Mexico draw in front of a noisy sellout club here in Houston. (and woke up about 6 am local time to prepare for my appearances all day long on CSRN discussing the game) I did pay $4.99 for Raycom/ ACC Select's telecast of Miami-FSU and while I didn't really get to focus on the game while in the press area trying to mingle and do my job, I saw enough to come to a simple conclusion:Frank Haith's time at Miami needs to end after this season. I am not sure if this is accurate but I'm going to throw it out there: I don't believe any ACC coach since 1994 has lost three consecutive seasons to Florida State at home. That alone should get someone fired.
I was told in the press area by a few writers that Miami has the consensus #1 class in the nation. I find that surprising considering the number of guys we lost leading up to signing day week but realize we closed fast the last few days, and will look more closely at the recruiting class tonight before I get on my flight home.

0 comments:

Listen to Canes Rising Radio!