Sunday, December 23, 2007

C.J. Holton Ditiches FSU: Commits to Miami

CJ Holton, a four star safety from Crawfordville (A stone's throw from Tallahassee) has broken his commitment to FSU and will instead attend Miami. This is a welcome development from multiple standpoints. Miami's recruiting in the what I consider "traditional Florida" that being the area north of Ocala has really declined in the past three to five years. For years Miami was able to cherry pick some players out of the Panhandle and Big Bend area but recently Florida and FSU have shut the Canes out. Kelly Jennings and Ryan Hill are recent exceptions to the trend that has overturned much of Miami success in the region in the 1980 to 2000 time period. Hopefully Holton is a harbinger of things to come.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not so fast- Not a done deal yet:


He has decomitted and stated this following his All-Star game in Lakeland, FL:

"Right now I'm leaning slightly towards Miami," said Holton. "I just feel Miami is a good team and their school fits me pretty well defensively with my type of schemes they run over there. I still have to take my visits, but as of right now the Canes are where I'm leaning at right now."

"It's a perfect choice either way because I like both schools a lot, but with Miami they have always done well in putting a lot of safeties in the NFL and with my big hitting style I just like them a little better than FSU right now," Holton replied.

So he has decommitted from FSU and leans Miami but nothing is certain. You jumped the gun on this one, let's hope you don't jinx it. :)

Anonymous said...

"Dagummit...We lost another One!!"-Bobby Bowden (about 15 minutes ago)


Welcome to the U, C.J.!!! C'mon Matt, Tommy,and PJ...you know you want to be a part of this!!!

Anonymous said...

Evaluation: Holton possesses all the tools at the safety position. He can cover, close and play the run. Most importantly, he makes plays. Tall with an athletic frame that should continue...

Anonymous said...

Hey there CJ fans, how'd that move work out for you guys?
You mean he couldn't even get into Miami with their less-than-picky academic "standards"?

See ya in THE SWAMP soon!

Listen to Canes Rising Radio!